Wednesday 20 July 2011

NOTD- Mixed Colour Gradient with stamping nail art.



Nail of the day today is a bit special it is my first attempt at Nail stamping and also colour gradient nails . To start I applied my favourite base coat at the moment - Nubar Foundation base coat. Then two coats of Aqua baby by China Glaze. Aqua baby is a strong blue colour, but I did find that it was a little gloopy as I have noticed in most of the China Glaze blue colours.
I then sponged on some Beauty and the beach by China Glaze using a latex make up sponge. I applied this to half of the nail to give it a nice teal shimmer.

I then did the same with Nubars Absolute which is a sparkle/holo blue. This time I only added it to a third of the nail. Then I used the super Holo OMG by China Glaze to add a silver shimmer to the tips of the nails.
I then sealed it with Diamont Seal and shine topcoat by Nubar. Finally I used a Konad White stamping paint and a non Konad stamp to apply flowers just to the first finger and the ring finger. I could have gone mad and applied them to all the nails but I wanted to keep them a little subdued as I have my brothers wedding to go to on Saturday and wedding photos last almost a lifetime :) .

Aqua Baby is not a current colour in the China Glaze collection but there are some very similar colours such as "towel boy toyboy" and OMG is also a discontinued but very sort after colour so if you spot it snap it up!

China Glaze is available from http://www.idealhairandbeauty.com for £4.47 a bottle.
Konad stamps and nail stamping plates are available for various prices on ebay and are very easy to use :)
Nubar products are available from www.thebeautyshed.com and http://www.idealhairandbeauty.com


1 comment:

  1. Oh! I love this mani! the gradient is perfectly done!!

    ReplyDelete