Tuesday 13 September 2011

Notd - China Glaze Neon nails with Freehand Animal Print Nail Art

Sorry for the long gap between posts, I have had a busy month! Today's Nail of the Day is the nails I did for this years Reading Festival. Its one of the UKs biggest music festivals and I go every year. I decided to go for neon nails so they stood out :).
I started off with Gelicure by Nubar and applied a base colour of white. There are two reasons why I did this one was to make the neons "pop" and the second reason was to make my mani last! As Gelicure lasts for up to three weeks I knew my mani would last the whole weekend of mud!

I then applied the China Glaze Colours, I used:
Pink Voltage
Purple Panic
Yellow Polka Dot Bikini
Kiwi Cool-Ada
Bahamiam Escape (blue)

I used a latex sponge to "splodge" the polish on in random parts of each nail. I have a little picture of my thumb at this stage.

I then used Orly's instant artist paint in black to apply leopard print and tiger print to alternate nails. Then I finished them off with two coats of topcoat.

I hope you like my nails, here they are at the festival :

No comments:

Post a Comment